Friday, August 8, 2008

Be A Guest Blogger On The Flipside!

I would like to invite everyone to consider sharing posts - maybe from your archives or writing a new post - to share On The Flipside.

I have been pleased to have already had two great Guest Bloggers (Diane from There's A Circus in My Brain... and Toni over at A Tale Of Two Kiddies) already and have 3 more lined up to publish posts soon.

I'd love to line you up with one of your posts that offers a topic/discussion that is controversial or just a subject that has more than one side (such as Diane's topic on guns and Toni's subject of babysitters being too young). I'd like the subjects to relate to women or families or children or marriage - issues women generally encounter in their daily lives.

I started this blog to offer women the opportunity to discuss women's topics and I don't think there is any better way of doing that than allowing/encouraging the community to offer their stories - their experiences - their questions.

If you are interested in being a guest blogger, all you have to do is simply post your story, anytime, on your blog and then let me know you have posted it and ask me to come by and read it to see if it is something I might want to consider for On The Flipside (if it is a post in your archives - reference the URL to that post). Chances are good - I WILL and then all you have to do is e-mail me your permission to use it and I will then copy it from your site - duplicate it to mine, add a picture, an opening and closing sentence or two, link back to you as the author, post a poll relating to your topic - and that's it. If it is not a topic I am interested in - I will simply say so - but would not want that to discourage you from offering another topic or post. It might just be that I already have a post lined up on a similar topic or it does not seem two-sided enough of an issue to promote discussion.

This not only opens discussion for topics I might not have thought of or written about, but it offers my readers the opportunity to get to know some of the great women/writers/mothers/bloggers that I know and it introduces them to your blogs as well.

If you are interested, e-mail me at ontheupsideblog@aol.com. I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks - Kellan

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I posted this one back a year or two ago,

http://whatsupdownsouth.blogspot.com/2006/06/talk.html#links

Brenda said...

Hi Kellan, The link worked for me, but it opens up at the end of the post so I had to scroll up to the top to get to it. If that doesn't work, it's in my archives, the post was dated 6/8/06. Thank you for your interest!

Forgetfulone said...

What a great idea! I'm going to "keep new" on your post in bloglines so I can come back to this post and keep it fresh in my mind. I love to read guest posts, and I'd love to offer one to you if I think it's one you'd like. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Don't think I have one of these right now - so I'll have to come up with something. But I know someone that would LOVE this idea (www.anastasiaspeaks.com). I forwarded her this post.